Concept: Remote Voting/Express Voting
For Remote Voting
Remote voting: voter profile
About this concept
The text that follows describes the concept presentation poster
Description: Remote voting process
The poster has a diagram showing the steps of the process as envisioned in this concept:
- Profile created
- User needs are self reported on user profile
- The profile information is stored in a voter database in the cloud
- Election officials can access info about various voter needs
- From the information, officials can accommodate users based on their needs. (Examples include by mail, person to help, speak to vote, large print ballots, by phone, by web, tablet)
Description: Express voting
This section of the poster shows a profile form with one page showing as an example. It says:
What types of ballot would you like to receive?
Description: Creating profile
Voters can create their profile: online, by phone, through the mail, in person
- Each voter creates an individual profile
- Can list voting preferences and keep updated special needs for voting
- From the profile, voting officials can deliver type of ballot the user needs based on what they self-identified
Principles of Universal Design
1: Equitable Use: The central purpose of the database is to ensure equitable access to election processes for all.
2: Flexibility in Use: Product allows potential users widest possible flexibility in accessing election processes.
3: Simple and Intuitive Use: There is a real risk of making the process to complex. Design streamlining and incremental ability to input levels of data will be required (e.g. provide a progress bar).
4: Perceptible Information: Multimodal interaction is implemented by information input in person, by phone, and web.
5: Tolerance for Error: Mechanism for profile update is fully accessible and verifiable
6: Low Physical Effort
7: Size & Space for Approach and Use
Other: Facilitate large number of voter participation